A Window into America's Past
Old Louisville Guide
Feedback and discussion (2005 part 3)
Add your comments

Has Old Louisville reached it's potential?  Please let us know your opinions on the status of our neighborhood.    What, if anything, do you think needs to be changed?  Are there any problems that have not been addressed?  Do you have suggestions for the improvement of Old Louisville?  Do you have suggestions or comments about this web site?   People are listening! Go to our Feedback Form and speak out!

Read earlier feedback:  1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
2004(1) 2004(2) 2005(1) 2005(2) 2005(3) 2005(4) 2005(5) 2006 current

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
09:36 PM

We have something new to think about in Louisville . What if you call 911 and you are told no one is available ? What would you do ? As Louisville grows this is a very real problem .

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
12:48 AM

I was born in Louisville, when i married,my husband joined the military.I've been all over the eastern US. One things that always kept me going was my trips home.Unfortunatly my marriage ended after 20 yrs, but one thing that I could always rely on was the fact that I could go home. I got a little apartment on crittenden dr. but i always found myself driving thru Old Louisville. I love the area. Its so beautiful. I know Louisville is not perfect, but the places I've been to <and I've been to some pretty spectaculat places as well as horrific too>It never quite mesured up to the friendliness and warmth that i felt when I'm home. I had to move again for a short time due to a family situation. I'm now in Virginia, but I'm comming home soon..and i cant wait to get there..I just want to walk around St. James Ct. When I can do that again..I know that I'm home for good...I'm proud to be from Louisville!

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Monday, May 30, 2005
02:56 PM

I moved out of Old Louisville because of the crime. It was not however from being robbed. It was from college age white kids from good homes. These are the U of L kids that are tearing up the neighborhood.

Monday, May 30, 2005
01:13 PM

The more empty lots that are filled in with shot gun houses and new mediocre houses, the more the crime rate will continue to rise dramatically. 5 years from now louisville will finally have the big city feel and to go along with that is the big city crime.

Sunday, May 29, 2005
05:20 AM

Yes we have called them to a situation. They refused , as well as refused to answer their phone in Old Louisville. Atten Mayor; Your police department is on blue out this weekend !

Sunday, May 29, 2005
05:17 AM

Attention everyone: The Louisville Police department is working on a blue out during the Holiday weekend. If you need the Louisville police we have been advised to take it up with the Mayors office.

Saturday, May 28, 2005
07:31 PM

Notice to everyone in Old Louisville. Plants are being stolen from yards in Old Louisville at this time by someone or might be a group.

Friday, May 27, 2005
03:31 PM

Yah right. Im from sweeden. lol

Friday, May 27, 2005
01:19 AM

I loved the website. I will be visiting Louisville in a few weeks and I look forward to seeing Old Louisville in person. California resident

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
Thursday, May 26, 2005
06:43 AM

lou

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
mart
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
03:24 PM

Shivley should be southwest louisville.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005
02:48 PM

louisville

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
01:03 PM

I agree I think we need to shrink shively. I mean 7th street road is ours. And it needs to pull back from our territory.

general wayne
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
12:56 PM

Where louisville messed up is when it was developing as a city. It let shivley incorparate its land, and it didn't expand its territory. Yes back in 1912 it was the 12 biggest without counting county. The problem is it didnt expand. It was blocked by all the little cities surrounding it that incoparated. Like indian hills and the pest shively. I say if where going to county the whole county as one city. Then louisville needs to start incoparating these little cities surrounding it. When that contract expires in 2008 say goodbye to all the small indepenent cities. The only 2 cities that will be around in 2020 are jeffersontown and prospect. Its gonna be the happiest day when we incorporate shively and all those little cities past crescent hill. Its going to happen soon. WHen the contract ends. Then we can start really growing and fillin these 386 square miles of land.

David
Wednesday, May 25, 2005
10:27 AM

See below for my response to this question:

If Louisville Kentucky as well as Old Louisville are international destinations. Why are your websites and street signs only in english ? If you travel to Europe and many other parts of the globe you will find signs and websites in more than one language.

1) There's no rule that says international destinations have to have their street signs and websites in more than one language. 2) Be it good or bad, English is the international language, and most people are going to have some knowledge of signs and such in English. 3) In Europe, and many other parts of the world, many countries like Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Canada, etc. are multilingual so they need to have signage in more than one language. 4) In other countries, the acquisition of foreign languages is considered a virtue and a necessity in the modern world, not something brushed aside and looked down upon like it is in this country where there are enough people who can't even speak proper English. 5) Given the relatively small sizes of many countries around the globe, it is often the case that one can travel a few hours in any given direction and find him- or herself in a region where a different language is spoken. 6) Go to most big cities in the USA, and you won't find street signs in other languages, although they have plenty of information available to non-English speakers. The old adage about "necessity being the mother of all invention" rings true here, with some slight modifications. We here in Old Louisville don't "need" to have signs in other languages, although it would be an interesting and thoughtful idea to explore...

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
01:05 PM

Now I know why there are no good grocery stores in Old Louisville, or downtown.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
12:16 PM

http://www.markswatson.com/popcontrol.htm. How people are moved from place to place.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
11:54 AM

Sunday, May 22, 2005
10:12 PM

U.S. population about 297,000,000. World population is about 6,500,000,000. India population alone is 1,080,000,000. Guess where our jobs are going ? People in India can speak more than english. So can much of the rest of the world.

Sunday, May 22, 2005
08:48 PM

If we want tourist . America will first need to learn how to speak more than english.

Sunday, May 22, 2005
07:06 PM

Not much left to talk about. Most all of the buildings are saved ! 9th street extention is done. Many of the people that helped to save Old Louisville are retired or died waiting for 9th street to get done. Everybody now has computers at high speed in Old Louisville. The only thing we lack is tourist. Problem is Kentucky is anti- everything. Everyone got tired of waiting for something to happen. It did ! Everyone including the Mayor and gov. go to Europe or Florida for vacation. Many of the people that just graduated are on their way out of Kentucky. Bridges of all kinds bring jobs. Not many are being built here at this time.

Jackie
Sunday, May 22, 2005
03:04 PM

ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO AREN'T TALKING ABOUT OLD LOUISVILLE NEED TO LEAVE THIS FORUM!

Saturday, May 21, 2005
06:04 AM

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Thursday, May 19, 2005
10:29 PM

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Thursday, May 19, 2005
10:11 PM

Thursday, May 19, 2005
10:38 AM

I saw that soon a book will come out about ghost of Old Louisville. I will buy the book ! I wish that one day a new book will come out "Invisible bridge project of Louisville". We will all be ghost before any of them will ever be built. Sort of like the tax dollars that seem to vanish from my pay check each week to build them. With an investigation in Frankfort I am sure the bridges will now take as long as the 9th street extention did. People died waiting for that one.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
04:09 PM

Websites like http://www.blackjournalism.com/active.htm and http://www.micetrap.net should not be posted. Things like that do not go on in the bible belt.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
02:16 PM

Instead of just putting links to every site on the internet many which don't go anywhere why don't you make your point? Write something like what you're trying to say then put a link for more information if you need to.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
02:01 PM

Thanks for http://www.consumerreports.org/main/content/display_report.jsp?FOLDER%3C%Efolder_id=372399&ASSORTMENT%3CEast_id=333143.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
12:31 PM

Community Learning Network http://www.cln.org.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
11:50 AM

Somebody need to make a "Derby Cruise " website with pictures and video . Black community need to get involved in Louisville and get it together.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
11:31 AM

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
10:28 AM

P.S. you will find some info. at zip code 40208 at the http://www.neighborhoodlink.com web site. You can also contact the city at http://www.loukymetro.org.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
10:24 AM

Time for all people to have a computer and education. Not just a few. Donate your old computer to someone that does not have one. Get your neighborhood involved with http://www.neighborhoodlink.com. All neighborhoods need to have a website. The city provides the space.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
09:42 AM

05:59 PM

05:13 PM

12:23 PM

10:21 AM

Louisville is nice.

09:04 AM

09:03 AM

08:56 AM

123
08:44 AM

Construction should start soon on river road extension.

08:04 AM

yah its pretty cool. I like walking through it.

07:57 AM

I like central park

07:32 AM

Louisville is growing...............

susan k.
07:26 AM

Very well put Scott.

Scott
07:17 AM

Dear Mary,

What is wrong with you? I mean why do you always start stuff with people on a message board. This is a communtiy link. Do you know how embarassed I am when visitors come to the site and, see you arguing with people and calling them names. I mean how old are you? I mean it's a board to express thoughts. You are constantly worrying about making sure people capitalize letters and end phrases correctly. You the heck do you think you are? It's almost scary coming on here, cause you are hiding behind the bushes ready to start something with anyone.

What's even more crazy is alot of times you dont spell a word correctly or phrase words right. I mean it's no big deal. Who cares. I mean you are not a enjoyable person to talk to. You are extremely hateful. And attack anybody who posts on here. Your like the cockroach who wouldn't go away. Until you started posting their was never a problem.

Oh and alledem is not a word. Oh and you didnt spell Marcus correctly. You spelled it markus with a k when you were making up a friend to come to your defense.

I'll I can say is get a life and quit hating on other people. Who cares if somebody forgots to put a period at the end of a sentence or forgets to capitalize a letter. Usually people dont forget, they just dont give a damn. This a message board. Stop going around and running everybody away. You almost are like a Nazi. Your like a general who shoots somebody for not capitalizing a letter.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
01:38 AM

louisville

01:31 AM

Mary has to be the most unhappy person on earth. She is full of hate and, just a miserable person who tries to bring other people down.

01:26 AM

Mary's an a$$.

Mary
01:18 AM

The arena needs to go downtown . once again I am sorry to all those offended...

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
10:59 PM

I like louisville too. I really like the project that extends River Road.

Mary
10:02 PM

Oh, I love louisville.

Mary
10:01 PM

yes it is growing. I like all the new condos. see guys i didnt even worry about my grammor. lol lol

09:54 PM

Louisville is growing, and more houses and more streets mean more crime.

09:25 PM

Mary you got problems, but its good your letting them out. I bet you feel better now.

Mary
09:06 PM

I admit. The professor, edgar, Marcus, Silvia, anonymous and all my other personalities are me. But I have multiple personalities doesnt that give me the right to have multiple personalities. lol

09:03 PM

Mary, you'll never be forgiven for what you did to this board.

Mary
08:58 PM

Come on stop making fun of me. I said I was sorry. From now I'll act like a human being and respect others. Ill talk about the city. I won't constantly blab about other people. I understand I was wrong.

Mary
08:31 PM

LOUISVILLE

08:29 PM

Hey Mary go back to your comment on May 5th at 7:40 pm. You forgot a period and you forgot street. Also to your comment on May 6th at 11:05 am, you said,'' edward quit starting stuff " How is that correct grammer ? Personally nobody cares, its a message board. How are you going to run your mouth like a little girl when you dont even use correct grammer. Nobody really cares though, this is a message board. Usually people don't give a damn about making sure everything spelled correctly and if all the periods are in place. Only people with no life and nothing to do but watch tv all day would care. Get a life your on here 24/7. Your a nutcase! Oh but I'm glad you apologized, it helps.

Mary
08:18 PM

Ok mom, no need to punish me even more.

I just want to say I'm sorry for being so unlikeable and started so much mess. I'll try to do better in the future.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
08:15 PM

Yes, your daughter needs a attitude adjustment and a lesson in class.

Mary's Mom
08:09 PM

I must say I am sorry everybody. Mary is my daughter. I apolgize if she offended anybody but she was kicked out of school and she has her problems. I told her not to come on here running it, but then again you know how teen's are. Sorry if my daughter offended anybody. She will try better.

Mary hater
07:39 PM

Yes, Mary is a pesticide. Mary, when you read this just leave the site. I mean you have ruined it! Trailer park trash!

07:35 PM

i agree that mary is a hoe and piece of $hit hey yall dont leave your namess anymore cause mary is just going to put it in her mouth and talk trash

07:33 PM

Mary aka Mr. professer, Marcus, Silvia and your other personal friends...

There was a conversation going but you destroyed it. You alway's talk trash on here. I mean your not wanted on here obiously. I mean nobody who used to post on here posts anymore. You drove them away. I mean when James and other people posted they still posted. Why, cause they actually talked about stuff and didn't curse like sailor's. I mean why do you even stay on here? Your not liked and all you do is cause trouble. And it's sad cause I'm not even gonna put my name on here cause I dont want my name coming out of your trashy jobless teenage a$$! Where do you live. Brook street, 1st street, 2nd street, 3rd steet, floyd street, park avenue etc.... All I know is you have destroyed this community page. I mean look at yourself, scroll through and look at your comments. All I know is this is the last comment I'm making. I mean this is know longer a place to talk about Old louisville, now Its a place for everyone to argue with you. So do a favor and leave the site. I mean why do you post??? Just to screw with people and get on their nerves.

07:21 PM

Oh shut up mary you nasty b**th. I swear to go you make people not want to come on here you twisted as scrackhead. I swear man you talk so much crap. Your nut job and a stupid idiot. You have ruined this message board, Your not wanted here. All you do is cause hectic. I mean you made everybody leave site. Take you uugly a** and all your personalities off her. Why the hell do you even post on here. Its like when are you gonna get your ugly nasty disgusting a** of here. I mean your a loser. Stay off here this is a community link and your embarrassing it. I mean James is tolerable but not that great of a person. But your impossible, you cuss and your disgusting! I mean you never have posted anything about old louisville on here. STAY OFF OF HERE!! I wish the webmaster could bann you ip address. I mean my go you half destroyed this site. I usually keep a good mood but I aint gonna let some loser girl. Who doesnt have a job. Either your a house wife who cooks and cleans. Or a high school drop out. Persaonally I dont care. YOU NEED TO STAY OFF HERE. what purpose do you half on here. Notice nobody who used to talk about old louisville posts anymore. Cause your foul self drove them away. ....................................TRASH

03:59 PM

Hey! "tiger" and "james the man" and "gerald" -

here how yalltalk man like you cant evendont no how to useno grammar or punkteation and yall a bunch a oafs wif no learnin' and like we's said befo - why donchall looosahs get off'n a dis page cuz some a us wants to talk about da real stuff man doncha no what we be meanin you stupid f*****-up retards!

Mary rules! And so do da Profess-ah! And Markus and alladem like thinkers!

02:48 PM

Yah their making these nice condos all over downtown and tearing down all the affordable ones for regular people.

12:09 PM

yah louisville. yippie

11:56 AM

We had a minor league hockey team but they left cause we didnt support them. So lets support whoever plays.

11:55 AM

Yah hear were going to host a professional hockey game??

gerald
11:41 AM

That site allows you to see everything!

gerald
11:41 AM

Wow cool site man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iTs the site. man i can see my house on that aerial map. i pointed it out and everything

11:23 AM

oops my bad. The link to aerial map site is. http://www.lojic.org/ Funny i accidentally said logic

11:21 AM

On a positive note............ To the person who asked with their way any construction in old louisville. I'll be happy to tell you what I know. Heres a secret to the person who keeps asking if roads are being built. Go to http://www.logic.org/ Look at their interactive aerial maps and compare the time lines. . Once their you can compare jefferson county to see how it has changed throughout the years through aerial photos. It also lists the name of streets on map. Oh they completed the 9th street exit. Its huge and links downtown to the south end to the west end.

Joseph
11:14 AM

Im through with your hard head tiger. Enjoy

yourself and have a good day. Seek counseling.

tiger
11:13 AM

What ever Joseph. Your the wrong here. Please if that little rat mary gonna call people names and run it. Then im gonna call that little idiot names. Please joseph!!!! You to sensitive. I call that trashy idiot names as long as she spams and screws up this forum!

Joseph
11:10 AM

Well Tiger, be the bigger person now. Dont

stoop to her level of name calling. ITs wrong, and yes it

does spam this forum. But Tiger its trashy to call names.

But yes Mary, you should try to say something about old

louisville or louiville besides running everyone away

from th board.

tiger
11:05 AM

For real though. That idiot and piece of trash mary needs to go. I just hope she dont go to anybody else is site and screw it up. I mean I hope she dont spam somebody else is forum......

Joseph
11:02 AM

I agree.. I mean Mrs. Mary your always on here

starting stuff. That's not cool man. I mean you should

make better choices and how you talk to people. You

draw people away from here on how you talk to them.

You should try counseling to help you with your goals.

Cause you sound like a unhappy person with alot of

anger inside...

10:50 AM

Mary. I dont get you. You stay on here everyday. It's lie everytime I come on here your arguing with someone. How do you ever expect anyone to have a conversation with you always starting stuff with people. I mean, theirs no point to come on here. I mean its always you starting stuff. I mean its a message board. Get a life? I mean you halfn't said anything about old louisville as long as you half posted on here. I mean you just criticise people and call people names. I mean you are a nusiance. An I'm sure if the webmaster could ban computer ip address's yours would be banned. I mean you half destroyed any type of conversation. Theres no point to come on here anymore. This will be my last post. I mean you run it like a saylor. Theirs a problem this is a message board!!! You have never said anything positive and are full of negativity and hate. Not meant to be mean, but it would be nice if you didn't post here anymore, cause truthfully you hatefullness, snottiness, and overall bad attitude is not wanted here. You just post garbage and put downs everytime. And get a life, your on here everyday!!! Try going out once in a while. Your the hated person on here, I mean your the problem. An until you figure that out your life will be misserable. I wont be here to hear your putdown and vulgarity but I'm sure it will be the same garbage you always say that has nothing to do with old louisville

Mary
10:21 AM

"James the man" -

I return to the message board every day, you idiot, however, I try to respond to intelligent people who have something intelligent to say in regards to Old Louisville. Once again - you're the one who had to open your trap and start a situation. Why don't you leave this site, like various people have asked you? You have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. Since you're at the Free Public Library, ask them about some other free internet sites you could access that would be more appropiate to your class and educational standing.

Sunday, May 15, 2005
09:13 PM

You said you wanted info. ! We have plenty more if you need it. 24/7.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Sunday, May 15, 2005
09:04 PM

Louisville is a great place indeed.

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005
07:01 PM

louisville is a great place!!!!!

james the  man
Sunday, May 15, 2005
06:45 PM

He was answering my question.What are you talking about ? Oh and to Mary, I'm sorry but I dont argue on message boards. Oh and everybody see if I dont respond to her, She feels she gets the last word and doesnt return to the message board.......

Sunday, May 15, 2005
05:18 PM

Tom,the reason you do not receive such a responce is due to the areas you mention.They are "not" a part of Old Louisville. Rather a part of the city of Louisville. Website for the city of Louisville is http://www.loukymetro.org not http://www.oldlouisville.com. Website http://www.oldlouisville.com only post Old Louisville info. with links only to other parts of the city. The city of Louisville gives free webspace to all neighborhoods at http://www.neighborhoodlink.com. Just type in the zip code for the neighborhood that you are wanting to seek info.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
tom
Sunday, May 15, 2005
02:57 PM

yah james they are paving many roads. THey just finished posting many new roads in park duvalle. THey are turning that former dump site beside the shawnee expressway into a soccer facility near algonquin. they just recently put up 250 new homes in the california neighborhood. they are putting up many more houses in portland. Good question james. thanks for asking.

Mary
Friday, May 13, 2005
10:56 AM

Hey: Check this out!

It's an article in todays courier journal about all the hauntings in old louisville.

bradford
Friday, May 13, 2005
12:25 AM

yah cool movie.

Thursday, May 12, 2005
10:15 PM

tight video james. that was cold. n

james the  man
Thursday, May 12, 2005
07:57 PM

Watch this video!! A small female tigeress only weighing 240 pounds kills a 13 foot crocodile. The tigress had just been released from a rescue shelter. The tigress is under wait. It had just killed adear. And the male crocodile weighing 4 times the female tiger trys to steal her prey and food. http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/big_game/combat/cb03/tigeressvsmugger.wmv

Thursday, May 12, 2005
10:56 AM

Parents are the ones that are out of control ! Has anybody bothered to read the paper? "Parent kills own kids".

Thursday, May 12, 2005
07:45 AM

J. when you ask a question you us a ? mark instead of a period. Like this ; Are any roads being built ? It is nice to see you using caps at the front . Have a good day !

james the  man
11:53 PM

What kind of constructions going on. Are they building any apartments anywhere. Anybody know if their paving any new roads. What new houses are being put up. ANy construction going on. Is park duvalle finished? What buildings are being built. Any site i can see them. What houses are being built. What high rise buildings are being built. ANy new stores being made downtown. What about old louisville. How's the muhammand ali center coming. Anybody know if any new roads are planned to be paved. Any new housing in south west or downrown louisville. ANy alleys or something.

10:17 PM

I think it is cool people in old louisville care if we know things i showed this site to my parents they like some of these post but they asked me to ask everybody if they could be careful not to curse since some of us are under age i am only saying please thankyou old louisville.

09:31 PM

When it comes to crime. Jails do not know the meaning of color. Jails do not know "it came from that part of town". In the jail there are white people, black people, asian people , spanish people. People from the city, people from the suburbs. I retired from working in a jail. Even my sisters boyfriends from time to time ended up there. We all just need to get over it. Crime is like a rainbow. It comes in all colors, shapes ,and sizes. Yes people have been busted even in million dollar houses. We are all capable of crime ! Think about it the next time you decide to have that next drink with your friends at the bar and you decide to drive home drunk. You just did not know you were over the legal limit. It is still a crime !

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
09:16 PM

Louisvilles great

09:08 PM

Ah, yes tywan. Those dang surenos and nortinos! I left Phoenix cause I was tired of gang wars.

09:06 PM

YOu just now realizing that man.

tywan
09:02 PM

Im black and a male. I am from the ville born and raised. I want to the west coast united states thinking we ran shizz net. But boy was i wrong. My god, mexicans run everything in the west coast. I was visiting la and all the murders are done by mexican nationals or mexican american males. I swear the movies are rasist against blacks. How they going to portray us as doing the west coast murders. Thats wrong and false. To all the brothers out their be prepared it aint like the movies in la. Its just a bunch of mexicans shooting people for sport. I mean they shotgun people to death just to see bodies fly up in the air. We as blacks need to set the record strait. We are not responsible for most west coast murders and crime. But yet hollywood and the media portray as rats who do crime. Well just to let you know its not like that. So be prepared next time you vistit the west coast!!!! When will rasist america lay off blacks. I mean statistics show!

07:58 PM

You elected them .............. I didn't.

06:05 PM

How stupid do politicians think we are anyway ? Sorry I forgot . To say I did it I would have had to inhale . I dare anybody in this city to tell a cop "man I had the weed , but I did not inhale any of it so that makes it not illegal ".

05:55 PM

Louisville is and can be a nice place if we can get rid of all the crooks that take bribes like on the Kennedy bridge. I think it is sad that more is said about a guy that got shot than all the people that are in the hospital that die everyday from smoking and drinking liquor. "Products of Kentucky". Many times when people get shot in a bar it was because of good old Kentucky liquor. You do not see any bars closing up shop do you ?

Tiny
03:05 PM

I love Louisville, and there is no place I would rather live. My family on both sides has been in Louisville since the 1800s. For all you haters that want to call Louisville pathetic and lame, here is my solution: move somewhere else if you dont like Louisville. I would offer to pay for the U-haul, but i threw a huge derby day party at my house and now the money is tight.

quirby
02:37 PM

yah your right. i hate how the media glorifys crime and craves it. ITs give people the wrong idea about louisville. I wish they realize their hurting the city by making people think its dangerous, there for people leave the city. When really where one of the safest cities in the united statws by far

02:32 PM

To person below. yah right about bike thing. But louisvilles has one of the lowest crime rates in the united states. we have a very low murder rate for a city our size. When of our neighbors kansas city missouri already has 54 homicides and their only 4 months into the new year. And they dont even count the county with city.

09:38 AM

What can we say ! Our parents taught us to hate people. Smoke tobacco till we have cancer. Drink liquor till our liver is no more. Make kids that we can not take care of. What did they leave for us ? A river that is unsafe. Air that can cause lung cancer. One of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. for people walking across the street or on a bicycle. No good paying jobs. Oh by the way! At this time derby cruising is our worst problem.

08:32 AM

yah im glad shively got set strait. I mean shivelys west louisville. THey caused tensionm with all tehir neighbors and created dis unity.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
johhny
05:44 AM

. God I love that we merged. We really got shively back bad. For all the stunts they pulled trying to steal louisvilles land. God I know every representitive from shively didnt vote yes for merger. And can only imagine how mad they were when we merged. God they stole are distilleriers and tryed to annex are land. But the real joy is going to be when the 2010 census rolls around and their not listed as a city but listed as part of louisville. Where one big city now. Louisville is jefferson county. NO more shivley its just a name for a part of louisville now.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
johhny
05:40 AM

I like chicken.

01:17 AM

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
01:08 AM

........................

11:35 PM

At the time Old Louisville was here. http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/riseofhitler/.

11:10 PM

11:06 PM

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
10:53 PM

Old louisville nice. I like to see houses being built. I like th 9th street exit.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
10:48 PM

I from park duvalle, its growing

10:47 PM

lou

10:47 PM

oh shut up silvia or should i say mary or marcus. Youre a fricken moron. God people aint lieing, you crave the last word like a child. why dont you try shuttin up. Youre crazy i mean nuts you keep making up personalites and arguing with people. Stay off this site, you have ruined it. You are the worst person to post on here. you start trouble and you instagate. You havent said anything ever about old louisville. you jsut argue and try to get the last say . your and nieve maroon. Try being quiet and dropping stuff. I mean you are nuts with your personalites. I mean dont post here, nobody can ever have a conversation with you on here. you comment with your insults and garbage when ever anyone posts. your a parasite!!!! A infection!!!!!! You always stay on here and run it. Go away. Before you started posting everything was fine. You have ruined this board and made people discouraged to post. Your the problem realize that, and you seriously need to have your head checked. I mean just stay off, Dont you have anything else to do?? I mean go see a play or go to a bats game. Get a life. Watch I guarantee if you dont post for a couple weeks, this forum will have no arguments and will be calm. Your a parasite who infects. But I know youll just fire back with mouth and make this forum even worse. Heres an idea, stay off here and shut up. I mean you have destroyed this forum. Nobody wants to post with your loser self monitering and destroying this forum

10:25 PM

silvia platt
03:52 PM

to you below

you are mistaken - you are including me as one of those aliases, and i am not - do why don't you drop it? talk about old louisville instead!

03:34 PM

Dontella, Mary, Silvia

I am not Don, but just wanted to say let it rest. Let

things go. I mean you are just another personality of

Mary and Silvia. Let it go, god. I mean you make up

different aliases and portray them as agreeing with you.

I'm sure Don doesnt give a damn if forgets to cross all of

his t's and i's.

10:51 AM

I agree ! Some med docs can't write. But ! http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/omd/.

10:23 AM

10:12 AM

HEY! THEY ARE OFFERING GHOST TOURS THIS FRIDAY OUT OF THE NEW VISITOR CENTER AT 6:00 AND 7:30. SEE YOU THERE!

donatella
10:08 AM

"Don" -

Learn how to spell. Do you "half" a grammar book? Use it...

08:33 AM

Get everyone involved ! http://www.blackjournalist.com.

07:19 AM

Can't blame that one on anybody in Louisville. News said it was people from Ohio.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville
02:45 AM

ITs so stupid their talking about shutting down derby cruising. I mean 1 murder, wow, its bad but still. I mean every year 30 people atleast get murdered in marti graff in new orleans and you dont see them shuttin it down

awert
12:00 AM

Damn. louisville has grown like hell over the past 5 years. yall have no clue.

11:51 PM

LOUISVILLE 9TH WARD IS BEST AREA

10:50 PM

10:38 PM

10:37 PM

10:20 PM

09:49 PM

No, Old Louisville is the best. But the West End is transforming. Its booming!

09:45 PM

louisville be keepin it gangsta man . The west end is growing like hell. PArk duvalle is going to have just as high crime rate as they did before the hope iv program. Its growing. west side

09:45 PM

don
09:44 PM

Dear Mary,Edgar, Silvia, Marcus, Mr professor, anonymous.

It's clear your the same person, but hey maybe you half multiple personalities. You see unlike you I have a life and dont stay on a message board. Oh, james the man.... Who is he????? You sound like a crack phen at beecher terrace. What kind of gay name is james the man. You know whats funny I left that message on MAy 6th and just stopped by this site to see it. ANd three days laters just so you can try to get the last word you. I mean how sad are you? Do you want the last word????? I mean you can have it. Cause on the streets your probably a little pathetic girl who has to avoid being robbed and mugged. So you turn to message boards and your journal for power. Cause you know on the streets your hopeless and defenceless. You know whats even sadder about you, you make up personalites and act like their on your side. Your a head case.. Well I cant stay on this little site so goodbye. I recommend you aka mary,edgar, silvia,anonymous, marcus, mr. professor see a doctor or get some medicine.. But im sure youll post again just so you can feel good about getting the last word. So go ahead make up a another personality to make youself feel good about getting the last stay. I mean i dont get why you bring back old comments. I mean your 15 different people. I mean act normal. I mean you use a different personality to argue with everyone. You really are the phycitic individual who is single handedly ruining this message board. Hey try shutting up, and keeping you pie whole shut for a while. Then the message board will get back to normal. Your the parasite who keeps inventing personalities and creating tension on this message board. I reccomend you get a life and learn how to fight so your mouth wont be your only weapon. You ruined this board. learn to shut up and you and you imaginary friends stay off here.

04:29 PM

Info for our college friends in Old Louisville. http://mydna.com . Search for AIDS.

03:55 PM

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922998.html Smart people.

01:55 PM

It's the smart college kids that clean out their cars in front of the grand homes in Old Louisville.

01:18 PM

P.S. try reading a medical docs handwriting. Even with 12 years of college. Looks like Arabic !

01:09 PM

Yes we did ! However in college in Kentucky we are taught by friends how to drink, and by our parents how we are worthless unless we drive a benz and live in a house that cost us 250 grand on top of our school loans. Reading and writing take second place to basketball in Kentucky where salaries for coaches and ball players far out pace even the best medical doc.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Mary
12:52 PM

I agree! It is painful to read some of the messages you Einsteins try to write!!!!

Silvia
12:50 PM

"Don" or "james the man" - whatever alias you're going with today - stay off this site. Edgar's right. We don't want looooosers like you all. Stay on the topic, and YOU stop starting stuff. And like has been pointed out before, LEARN SOME GRAMMAR, PEOPLE! Did you even make it past the 8th grade?

Sunday, May 08, 2005
09:03 PM

Sunday, May 08, 2005
08:50 PM

If you are going to purchase a new home you might want to check out the last posted site.

Sunday, May 08, 2005
08:47 PM

Sunday, May 08, 2005
08:24 PM

Some info. http://www.stopaddiction.com/states/kentucky_drug_rehab_info~St+Matthews.html.

Sunday, May 08, 2005
02:38 PM

Go to: http://www.pcaky.org/focus.htm.

Sunday, May 08, 2005
02:13 PM

Want crime stats ? Go out to the mall and see how much was stolen so far this year. How many kids and house wives have been beaten because the house payment could not be made.

Saturday, May 07, 2005
07:10 PM

I would not be looking at a million $ house if I worked construction. Only a person who sells Real Estate would bother to correct me. I thought so ! I did that to fish you out. Only Real Estate people would post crime stats to scare someone to the area where they sell it. It is all over the news " new home nightmares" cost people 10's of thousands of $'s.

joey
Saturday, May 07, 2005
12:00 AM

I got a question to person below. Who are you? A activist or what. You always talk about real estate. Somethings wrong with you. I mean are you a construction worker. Well i agree with the dude. Like 25 people have been robbed in the cherokee road to logan avenue area in the last month.

10:31 PM

Please!! Its "Real Estate" or "Realtor".....

Zach
10:20 PM

Crime is booming. And something i found that suprized me is that after evalualting all of zip codes by using the information snitch provides for each zip code. cherokke triangle has by far the highest crime rate. I have all the issues sence the start of the year. ANd through april 26 cherokee triangle has by far the highest crime rate. Especially in robberies. I profiled each zip code and added up each category of serious crime. buglary, robbery, car theft, and assault. ANd by far cherokee triangle has the highest crime rate with 15,000 people. 40202 downtown is next, and 40203 downtown is third.

09:23 PM

That was not aimed at the o/l webmaster. It is nice people can post here. Some need to think about making their own website instead of destroying this one. My app to the webmaster of this site.

Awwwww, shucks (blush).  My bad. Thanks!
----webmaster

04:15 PM

to tj below. Louisville's crime is booming because it's booming everywhere. Harder times, fewer police, national leadership that's bankrupting the country, unnecessary wars brought about by not paying attention in the first place. God I miss the good old days when all we had to worry about was a stain on a blue dress. Anyway, it's not Old Louisville's fault. We voted overwhelmingly for Gore & Kerry.

01:44 PM

Realistate people and scare tactics. Got to love them for trying. In the suburbs the homes are all falling down. Why ? Because some builders use crumbling bricks to hold things up. I was in a million dollar home during a home show. Water was pouring out of a air vent in the nice new movie room.

01:33 PM

It is nice everyone in Louisville can now use a computer. We are proud of you ! Maybe now you all can learn how to make a webpage.

Years ago we decided to forego most of the fancy scripts, superfluous decorations and dancing bears for a clean text-based information site.  If someone has a better theme or layout, and is willing to apply that for no cost, we'll be happy to hear from you!  Thanks in advance for your generosity!
----webmaster

12:13 PM

old louisvilles nice

12:13 PM

old louisvilles nice

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
11:19 AM

Yes crime is up. It feels like it too. ITs like louisvilles just going to get worse.

tj
11:17 AM

Louisvilles crime is booming. The m ore we grow the

worst it gets. I mean crime is skyrocketing this year.

Robberies are up 50% this year. Burglarys and car thefts

too. Assaults have sky rocketed. Were experenceing a

epidemic. Louisville has never seen high robbery rates

and assaults rates like this. Crime overall is up 40% this

year then at the same time last year.

11:13 AM

Ed go away and choke on your back wash in your mouth wash

don
11:12 AM

edgar cayce. We dont want nasty crap like you on this message board. Go suck on a rock. Nobody likes people who constantly starts stuff. Your full of stupidity and all you do is cuss. Get a life, looser. OR get back in the trash where you belong. Its amazing how you bring back old comments just to get the last word./ Get a life loser.

11:08 AM

Louisville

11:08 AM

Louisvilles growing but why tell it here. Cause people like edward susan or maria are just going to respond with rude nasty immature and dirty comments. THeire just full of negativity/ I am a visiting louisville next month. Hopefully all of the people of louisville arent like yall.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
mary
11:05 AM

edward quit starting stuff

11:04 AM

To edward cayce at 7:37 pm on may 5th. Your trailer park trash. Your a dirty person and smell like crap and manure. Be gone somewhere crack. I could swarn you were down in the iroqouis projects yesterday buying crack.

11:02 AM

Edgars a fruit whos lives in hopkinsville. Look at the immature rat trying to get last say in.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
Mary
Thursday, May 05, 2005
07:40 PM

Go here to make reservations for the tours that will be offered out of the new Visitors Center on Oak

Edgar Cayce
Thursday, May 05, 2005
07:37 PM

Get a life yourself, LOOOOOSER at 6:51 on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! Can't you understand that we don't want your kind here!!!

GO AWAY and choke on a chicken bone yourself!

Thursday, May 05, 2005
11:59 AM

Thursday, May 05, 2005
11:54 AM

And their off http://www.churchilldowns.com and http://www.kdf.org.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
10:07 PM

I think you all need a horse race and a Mint Julip ! It has been a long winter.

06:51 PM

Oh shut up anonymous 5:33 pm may 4 2005. Get a life, you really care about this little message board. you sound so corny. Get a life you old hag. Go choke on a chicken bone or on a apple core.

05:35 PM

At 8:00 tonight (Wed May 4th) on AM 1080 someone will be on talking about GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE and what's going on in the Old Louisville district. Check it out, and tune in: http://dimensionsradio.com/schedule.html

05:33 PM

Thanks, Susan for the note. I CARE! It's nice to be able to discern the aimless idiots from those who want to talk about something useful: OLD LOUISVILLE!

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
03:41 PM

who cares susan. you ever think that just maybe you aint the only susan. you dont own the name and plus i read that and it says susan k.

Susan
02:39 PM

Small note: I'm not trying to bring up anything again - I just want everyone to know that I didn't post that negative message about the "last word..." Someone else did under my name. (I am still very interested in moving to Old Louisville.) -Susan

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident
4qwt
01:58 PM

Louisvilles a great place.

01:24 PM

yah.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville
01:20 PM

Yah anonymous 11:46 am. you are trash and a rasist pig. Probably a member of the kkk. Im black and i live in the suburbs in off westport road. You said yall referring to blacks wish we could have it like you. No way, your just a 17 year old girl whose lives in a desceny house who talks s***. Go burn some crosses trash. Oh and person who lives in prospect is right, you are a nasty snob

01:01 PM

Well you live in the suburbs. Descent houses, not masions. I live in the estates of hunting creek in prospect in a 2.6 million dollar home. You cant have picket fences or above ground pools where i live. Its tacky and not allowed. I assume you live in springhurst or lake forest. THose are just regular nice subburbs houses. Descent. I been up there and its half black and half white in those subburbs. I live in a mansion not a subburb. Guess what im trying to say is not everybody thats well off, is a snob. A trash talker who only talks trash through message boards. And to their friends and in privacy. Nope most people who are well off are respectful and dont crave the last word like a child which i assume you are. Here, find your hous on the louisville aerial sateillite map power by google ive found mine. http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Louisville,+KY

11:46 AM

I am not Old Louisville ! I am suburb, I am the white picket fence , and fantacy land you all dream of. Simply put , I want you to be happy. You can make me happy and rich in the process. That means we can both be happy. I am not rude. I want to make you happy !

11:45 AM

exactly no reason to post, cause garbage is going to spit back garbage.

11:42 AM

I agree some people on here are first class idiots. I

dont know why you bother to come here to talk. I mean

just stupid and snotty people are going to respond to

your comments, with stupid, hateful, and disgusting

comments.

11:37 AM

Man old louisville people are rude and nasty. I dont think I can come back here to this forum. What are yall 11. This is a forum, ITs a message board. Dont you all know how to talk intelligently.

11:36 AM

The point i was making mister anonymous louisville resident. Is that if we didnt merge with county by 2010 us blacks would be the majority. ANd that minority population is booming in louisville.

11:34 AM

I have a $2,000,000.00 house just waiting for this person. I will take you so far out of the city even the police, fire and ambulance service will not be able to get to you if you need them. If you are lucky you can even be snowed in for the winter . The place has goats , ducks, pigs, and white neighbors. House is not sinking too bad, an extra million will fix all of the foundation problems.

11:26 AM

Are you stupid. Im black. The person who left that comment. I live on cecil avenue in the west end. Get your head checked dog. Im pitch black.

11:13 AM

P.S. I am native American ! This is, my land !

11:09 AM

So that means I take it you would rather live with white people ? Hitler is gone ! http://www.blackjournalism.com. White people are not native to this land. I guess you could go back where your family came from. After one million years of evolution you will find even your past comes from Africa. Nothing you can do about it !

10:20 AM

according to the census louisvilles black population is booming and growing extremely rapid, and the hispanic popultion is sprawling. They estimate the old city limits would is 42% black now. Up from 33% in 2000. By the 2010 census jefferson county will be 26% black. If we didnt merge blacks would be the majority by 2010. WHites are leaving and minorities are sprawing the county. As of the 2003 estimate jeffersons county 20.8 % black up from 18.9% black in 2000. http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Products/Profiles/Single/2003/ACS/Tabular/050/05000US211111.htm

Woody & O.L.info.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
10:36 AM

Have a safe Derby everyone ! More info at http://www.citysearch.com and http://www.digitalcity.com. For Derby guest. Type in Louisville or Kentucky.

Woody & O.L. info.
Tuesday, May 03, 2005
10:30 AM

Sunday, May 01, 2005
11:54 PM

yah its messed up.

Sunday, May 01, 2005
10:33 PM

I take it everyone is paying attention to the $375,000.00 house out in Lake Forest that is sinking and has been on the news.

Sunday, May 01, 2005
01:42 PM

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2005/ . To get there go South on Third or Fourth Street from the Ohio River or Downtown Louisville.

Read earlier feedback:  1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
2004(1) 2004(2) 2005(1) 2005(2) 2005(3) 2005(4) 2005(5) 2006 current

Old Louisville Guide Home Page
Old Louisville National Historic District

Home, Newsletter, News/Press Releases, Old Louisville Business Directory, History, Historic Pictures, Vintage Post Card Views,  Spring, Autumn, TerraServer Images, Maps, Calendar of Events, Walking Tours, Architectural Styles, Architect's Corner, St James Court, Belgravia Court, St. James Art ShowMuseums, Libraries, Literature, Churches, Bed and Breakfast Inns, Restaurants-Taverns, Recipes, Visitors' Page, Resources, Old Louisville Places, Our Lost Landmarks, Old Louisville, the Way it Was, Louisville Links, Feedback
information@oldlouisville.com

Google
Search WWW Search oldlouisville.com

(there are now over 1300 web pages on OldLouisville.com)
Click here for a comprehensive search of all 2800+ web pages on this server