The "Pink Palace"
Located at the corner of St. James and
The Pink Palace got its name in the 1920s when it was painted this color by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, its owner at the time.
Its current owner has of late stirred a bit of controversy when he decided to repaint the building a very bright pink with lavender trim. The work only just began when a stop-work order was issued, and now the owner, landmarks commission and neighbors are negotiating a "suitable pink" for the building.
Pink Palace, late 1998, with it's newest shade of pink
Back to the Art Show Page
St. James Intro Page
Louisville Guide Home Page
Old Louisville Business Directory,
Pictures, Vintage Post Card Views,
Calendar of Events,
Corner, St James Court,
Court, St. James Art Show,
Louisville Places, Our Lost Landmarks,
Old Louisville, the Way it Was,
(there are now over 1300 web
pages on OldLouisville.com)