DuPont Manual High School
The massive "collegiate gothic"
structure was built in 1933, to combine the Louisville Girls High School and duPont Manual
Training High School. In the 1940's, the building (Halleck Hall)
Manual became a magnet school in 1984. The
school has five magnet programs: the Youth Performing Arts School, math, science and
technology magnet, visual arts, high school university (university courses at neighboring
U of L), and communications.